Author Topic: Upgrading control computer and Z axis not moving  (Read 1073 times)

pedio

• View Profile
Upgrading control computer and Z axis not moving
« on: July 31, 2024, 01:47:46 PM »
I have finally given up on Windows 7 and have upgraded the control computer to a Windows 11Pro. I packaged the profile and imported it into the new machine. When testing the Jog functions the Z axis does not move. The DRO shows it moving  but there is no motion.

The first thing I thought was there was a hardware error (it has been awhile since I used this machine) To test this I reconnected the Old windows 7 control computer and had it reinstall the old SmartBob and everything works as expected (the Z axis moves)

I have the two control computers side by side so I have checked all of the configurations and they seem to be the same. I even disabled the Z axis (motor 3) and re enabled it. Still no movement when using the new control computer.

Here is my configuration.

PMDX 410 USB
PMDX 132 breakout board

Old computer
Mach 4  4.2.0.4300
Smart Bob 0.52.254

New Computer
Mach 4 4.2.0.5036
Smart Bob 0.53.263

I have attached the NEW profile and e-mail you the Old profile (both attachments are too big) in case I have done something bone head and just can't find it.

Any help is appreciate

pedio

• View Profile
Re: Upgrading control computer and Z axis not moving
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2024, 01:48:37 PM »
Here is the OLD profile

pedio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024, 01:53:33 PM »
I also tried running a Gcode file that used the Z axis with no success.

I have also checked the SmartBOB configuration Mach4>Configurations>Plugins>SmartBOB to make sure the direction and move pins were configured correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

pedio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 08:27:58 AM »
We found that since I am running the pmdx 410 I should be using the Smart Bob 0.52.254. Everything works now.

Thanks Steve