8-Channel Isolated Input Board
for pins 2-9 of parallel port
Click on image for larger view
The PMDX-108-Input is an 8-channel isolated input board for pins 2-9 of the PC's
parallel port (or Smooth Stepper).
- Optically isolated inputs for the 8 data bits on pins 2 through 9 of a parallel port
- Can be used with a parallel port, with the SmoothStepper, or other hosts
that emulate a parallel port
- Requires software that allows the data bits of the parallel port to be used as inputs
- Port connections can be made via a 26 pin ribbon cable, or using on board DB-25 female
- Can be used stand-alone, or pass through connectors allow it to be connected between a host port and the PMDX-125 or PMDX-126 to
supplement PMDX-125/126's second port
- Requires a single 5 volts DC power source for operation
- Power can be supplied via a two pin terminal strip
- Optional alternate source of power can be pin 26 of either ribbon connector
- SmoothStepper, PMDX-125 and PMDX-126 support feeding power using ribbon connector
- Another alternate power source can be any USB port (not signals, power only)
- On-board inverter generates isolated power for inputs
- Inputs use individual two pin terminal strips
- Inputs share a common return (isolated ground) on one terminal of each two pin strip
- Inputs are opto-isolated from parallel port
- Inputs directly accept electro-mechanical switches connected between input and ground
- Inputs directly accept NPN (open collector) outputs from proximity sensors
- Inputs directly accept 5 volt logic signals
- Inputs expect a "sinking" drive signal to activate them by
pulling the input to ground. Inputs will tolerate up to 24 volts DC in the
inactive state to allow use in PLC and relay logic systems with 24 volt
power. If a "sourcing" signal (like a PNP sensor) must be used,
please see the PMDX-105 Quad Isolator/Translator.
- Response time using 5 volt logic signals is less than 20 uS
- On-board LED's for power and for each input signal status
Breakout board feature comparison table.
Download the full manual in PDF format here
(revision 1.0, 25 Feb 2010, 452 KB)
The PMDX-108-Input is priced at $68.00
Use PayPal shopping cart for USA delivery only.
Click here for international orders.
For International customers or for alternate payment
options - click HERE