for Gecko Stepper Motor Drivers
The PMDX-131 has been replaced with the PMDX-132.
The PMDX-132 is a form, fit, and function direct replacement.
See the PMDX-132 - HERE
The PMDX-131 is a motion control breakout board for interfacing with the parallel port
of an IBM-PC style computer
- Mates directly with up to 4 Gecko brand STEPPER motor drivers by plugging onto
terminal strip pins of the drives
- Now includes 6 nylon standoffs for mounting the PMDX-131 at the correct height
- Supports G201, G202, G210, and G212 stepper motor drivers. It does NOT support the
G320 and G340 servo drivers. The PMDX-131 does not currently support the upcoming G203V
- Provides 5 volt source and buffers signals as needed to drive Gecko step and
- Provides extra 470 uF capacitor and 5 ampere fuse for power to each drive
- Provides opto-isolation for status inputs and outputs
- Utilizes standard IEEE-1284 Centronics style printer cable for connection to PC.
- Connection to PC can also be via a 26 pin ribbon cable which allows a remote DB-25 to
- Provides LED status indicators on the 5 input and 4 output signals.
- Provides two electromechanical relays for directly switching loads of up to 10 amperes
- Supports the MACH "charge pump" signal to inhibit outputs when the MACH
software is not running.
- Can be used with a PMDX-122 to provide extra control signals (PMDX-122 signals not
- Inhibits outputs when E-Stop or Fault inputs are asserted.
- Reports E-Stop to computer on loss of power, E-Stop loop open, Fault input
grounded, or printer cable disconnected
- Status inputs have pull-ups to +5 volts and are filtered to suppress noise. They can
be driven by 5 volt logic signals or will function directly with a switch contact to
- All I/O connections are made via wire clamp screw terminal strips. PMDX supplies new 4
position connectors for the stepper motors and the connectors removed from the Gecko
drivers are reused as the I/O connectors of the PMDX-131.
- Auxiliary +5 volt DC output available to power sensors.
- Interface powered from 120 VAC or 240 VAC. Separate DC supply required for motor
- LED to indicate "outputs enabled" status so "charge pump" status
can be seen.
- Jumpers to control "charge pump" functionality, E-Stop behavior
** Geckodrive, Inc. the maker of the Gecko stepper motor drives does not manufacture,
sell, or endorse the PMDX-131.
Download the manual in PDF format here (revision 1.7, 530 KB).
For serial numbers 23165 and below, see the Archives Page