an affiliate of Practical Micro Design, Inc.
Products for CNC and
motion control applications since 1998.
We save you money with our $9.00 flat rate Priority Mail shipping for most domestic orders.
|Home | Purchase | Warranty & Repairs | Support | Software Downloads | Manuals | Contact & About Us|
Our Most Popular Products
The PMDX-410 is a motion control pulse engine for connecting CNC machines to the Mach4 family of software using a USB port.
The PMDX-410 is designed to be connected to your existing breakout board or driver box such as the PMDX-340 or a Geckodrive G540 using a 26 pin ribbon cable that emulates a parallel port. It will support the features of the breakout board or driver box including (if provided) optical isolation, a "charge pump" and spindle speed control. It also provides 3 additional inputs via a terminal strip.
Purchase as a bundle with a Mach4Hobby
license and save
Features of the PMDX-410 Rev A
1) A single board implementing both the breakout board function AND the motion controller function saves cost and makes installation simpler. Use of option jumpers has been minimized by controlling features via software.
2) The motion control pulse engine generates pulses independent of the host computer timing and provides real time control for smooth step pulse signals up to 100 KHz on 4 axes.
3) Simple USB connection to the host computer supports both CNC operation and firmware updates.
4) Power can be supplied via the USB connection or by a local power source connected to the terminal strips. Also, a jumper can enable or disable +5 volts on pin 26 of the ribbon header interface for use with devices that supply power on this pin.
5) The machine interface provides equivalent signals to one parallel port including 8 step and direction signals, 8 input signals including one dedicated to emergency stop, and 4 output signals. The first 5 inputs equivalent to those on a parallel port are available on the ribbon header. The extra 3 input signals are available only on the terminal strips. In the future these inputs will also function to provide a single encoder input supporting phase signals up to 1 MHz using a hardware quadrature decoder. The index signal will also be supported. This will make lathe CSS and threading possible. The functional capability of the PMDX-410 is very similar to the capability of a PMDX-122 breakout board plus 3 additional input signals but uses a 26 pin ribbon header for most interface signals.
6) The input signals have a pull-up resistor to allow use with simple mechanical switches or three-wire NPN proximity switches. These signals are filtered to reduce noise sensitivity. The inputs will also accept 5 volt logic signals. PNP proximity switches will require external adaptation using a PMDX-105 or similar. The first 5 inputs are protected against voltages up to 50 volts above ground. The 3 extra inputs are protected against voltages up to 7 volts above ground.
7) The PMDX-410 also supports the PMDX-126 breakout board running in Expanded Input mode to allow 10 inputs including emergency stop from the PMDX-126 and also the 3 extra inputs on the PMDX-410, giving a total of 13 inputs when used with a PMDX-126 in Expanded Input mode.
8) The step and direction outputs are 5 volt logic signals with up to 24 mA of drive current available. In addition to interfacing to a breakout board, they can also directly drive the step and direction inputs of motor drivers.
9) The 4 control outputs are 5 volt signals with up to 24 mA of drive current available. In addition to interfacing to a breakout board, these signals can also drive solid state relays or the PMDX-104 light duty 4 channel relay board.
10) All outputs are turned off in the event of loss of communication from the host, or if the emergency stop input is activated.
11) The emergency stop input is a normally closed circuit for failsafe operation. A break in the circuit will signal an emergency stop.
12) An LED is provided for "Outputs Enabled" to indicate that the unit is ready to run the machine and as an aid in troubleshooting.
13) The board can be mounted against a panel with holes to allow access to the USB jack, pushbutton, and status LEDs.
14) Externally visible LEDs show status of host connection and the SmartBOB-USB board.
15) An externally accessible pushbutton is provided for firmware setup and test.
16) The USB interface is protected against back feeding of power from a local source.
17) The USB interface has jumper selectable termination of the shield conductor of the USB cable.
18) The PMDX-410 is a compact 2.75" by 2.0" board that fits in tight spaces.
A low cost companion PMDX-407 spindle speed control
|PMDX-410 >> SmartBOB-USB
Use PayPal shopping cart for USA delivery only,
click here for international orders.
PMDX-410-BUNDLE >> SmartBOB-USB bundled with Mach4 Hobby
Software, coupon for license file, and documentation are delivered by e-mail and web download only. No physical disks or manuals are supplied.
To obtain your license file, please follow the instructions here: http://www.pmdx.com/Mach4-License
Use PayPal shopping cart for USA delivery only.
Click here for international orders.
Copyright 2004-2017 Practical Micro Design, Inc.